After weeks of teasing out our purchase of Apple’s new redesigned Mac Pro, The Verge’s reviews of the computer and the Pro Display monitor have been published.
This week on The Vergecast, Nilay, Dieter, and Paul tackle both reviews and discuss how powerful the machine is for the price, the quality and features of the Display screen, and who these products are actually best fit for.
There’s also a lot of other tech news throughout the show —including rumors of an iPad keyboard with a trackpad from Apple, TCL’s new foldable device concepts, and of course Paul’s weekly segment “Take a picture of your ear, do it!” — so listen through here or on your preferred podcast player to hear it all.
Stories from The Verge discussed this week:
- Everything you need to know about the coronavirus
- The Verge Guide to 2020 Election
- Congress proposes anti-child abuse rules to punish web platforms — and raises fears about encryption
- The Verge tech survey 2020
- Apple reportedly releasing an iPad keyboard with a trackpad later this year
- Apple is planning to launch a 14.1-inch MacBook Pro with a …
- Mac Pro review: the price of power
- Apple Pro Display XDR review: category of one
- Logitech G says this app will improve gaming audio if you take a picture of your ear
- TCL’s new foldable and rollable concepts imagine a wild future of phones
- Vivo’s Apex 2020 concept has breakthrough cameras and an ultra-curved screen
- Get a closer look at the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha in MKBHD’s hands-on video
- New Google Pixel features coming this month include more emoji, dark mode scheduling, and Google Pay improvements
- Samsung launches its 2020 lineup of 4K and 8K QLED TVs